7/30/08

You're AMAZING!

Quick little post. This is what everyone tells me when I say I'm still at work and my due date is on Friday, and today is Wednesday. My insurance lady couldn't BELIEVE I was still at work... my blood drive coordinators I work with can't believe it....so I guess I just wanted to post this in saying, I am so lucky to have been able to (hopefully) work up until my due date. I know many women have told me they had to quit a month early, or a week early, or whatever just to being so huge, swelly, and uncomfortable. As for me, I have been really, really blessed and lucky. I'm planning on working up until the day Superbaby comes, so I may be working for another 2 weeks :)

In other news, not much. My potentially "last" doctor visit is tomorrow morning, so I may have another update after that, but I may not. I am DEFINITELY feeling bigger this week, and I am DEFINITELY waddling more, so he must be gearing up for the delivery, just like I am!

6 comments:

Jacob said...

You're amazing you want to work up until your due date! I didn't want to work, so I quit 5 weeks before to have a little time off before parenthood began (no time off now!) I was also nanny to 7 children - which is a lot different than sitting at a desk :) I'm glad you're feeling great - with that burst of energy in your post I give you 2 more days! Maybe he'll come right on your due date! Good luck girl!

AO said...

Well, part of the reason is because if I do (which hopefully I WON'T have to) come back to work, I would rather have the maternity leave time off with a baby, than just home by myself!)...but I haven't been going gangbusters at my job for the last week or so, and no trips to Provo, so I have toned it down a notch :) And yeah...nanny to 7 children...YOU are the amazing one!

jeffandbrianne said...

Well I just think you are crazy wanting to work up until your do date. Take a break, chill around the house, watch some lost and office and just plain enjoy life right now.

jeffandbrianne said...

Holy cow, I thought I was fast and I only got 66 words per minute. Nice job speed demon, haha
Bri

kari said...

Ha! I got 74 words. I didn't think I could even hold a finger to my sister.... and I even beat college student Brianne! I rock!

An Ordinary Mom said...

What a conundrum! I hope you go into labor soon so you can deliver at the hospital of your choice!