I’m not sure anyone cares about this, but I am so happy I’m getting such good deals. I’m totally discovering there is MONEY out there to be made with a little effort and time by watching for coupons and sales and being aware. Just sharing for my own tracking purposes, but if anyone cares to get in the deal, that is good too.
Okay, got another steal of a deal on some cool things at Walgreens….I am still learning this process though, so I did just realize I could have saved even more money, but oh well. I’m getting better and better. Here is the most recent steal…. Actually, PAYMENT to shop.
2 Oil of Olay facial cleansers $7.49 each (used a $5/2 coupon and a $1.00 manufacturers coupon and going to get $15.00 rebate on olay.com) MONEY MAKER $6.00---PLUS I get to try 2 GREAT new products and fancy facial cleansers!
Skippy peanut butter on sale 2/$3 and used .35 coupon
Progresso Soups used $.99 cent coupon in Walgreens ad, plus 50 cents off 2 coupon
So overall, here are my savings….
Original costs of everything before savings and coupons $20.88
Total cost with coupons and rebates $3.35 cents MADE! So, I basically got all this stuff for free and saved over $23.00! WAHOO!
4 Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergents
11 boxes of Jello
2 sets of Christmas gift tags
2 cans of Chicken soup Campbells
12 rolls of scotch tape to wrap presents
3 snow globes
Plus a few miscellaneous candy items. HOORAY FOR COUPONING!
- I LOVE to talk and see myself in the mirror. I must think I'm pretty cute.
- I LOVE to "spin"...that is, I haven't quite figured out how to roll over yet (I'm SO close but that darn other arm stops me) but I can spin completely around in a circle in less than an hour.... and most recently, I completely turned around in my bed, head was on the right side and in the morning, when mommy came to get me, I was on the left side of the bed. Mommy had to ask daddy if they had put me the other way last night....silly them! I move and wiggle now!
- I have had some of my first true laughing fits, which make mommy and daddy just smile
- I get to start wearing my "polar bear" suit, see previous posts
- I am finally in size 2 diapers
- I DO NOT like to just sit on your lap...you have to walk around with me and interact. I get bored easily now :) unless I am super tired, then I will snuggle up on your shoulder for some loves.
- I still like to read books at night, but I like to watch mommy reading the books more than looking at the books.
- I love to talk to you....sorry if my language doesn't make sense
- I love to smile, but it's very hard to capture on camera.... I like the GQ serious pose (see pic above) much more than smiley pictures. Sorry everyone.
- And I LOVE TO WIGGLE! On my changing table, I really love to wiggle, without my clothes on.
- I also reach for things, including pulling a chunk of our from my mommy's hair :) Sorry mommy.
1. This angel has gone ABOVE and beyond in my life.... when I had Collin, not only did she offer to help me, she literally bought a month's worth of groceries since I told her I was scared to take him to the store with me when he was so little, and I hate going to the store.
1.5. When I was pregnant with Collin, had him, and ever since, she has assured me, her phone is literally right next to her at night (and even though she has a year and a half year old girl) she told me I could call her at ANYTIME day or night and she could talk, be there, come to my house, whatever. I know lots of people offer to do that, but I know she is someone that really would be...literally at my beck and call if need be.
2. She has continously called me (at least once or twice a week) or emailed me about me not being able to stay at home as a stay-at-home mommy, just to let her know that she prays for me.... and I know other people are doing this, but she calls to let me know she is...
3. She just emailed me the other day, to say she was going to Costco and if I needed anything.... I told her I didn't think so, then she asked what size of diapers Collin was in....I didn't think much about it until I got a voicemail that she dropped off some stuff for me from Costco....258 Huggies diapers... 258!!!! Plus some other things that she just knew we would like.
4. I called her back and she then told me she was going to go to the "store" for me...I told her she did NOT have to do that (she made it quite clear she was going to anyways and I was NOT going to pay for the things) and made me give her a list of what foods we wanted.... so I told her 4 or 5 things..... she then asked if we ate fruits, vegetables, meats, etc. So....about two hours later, here comes my angel, with MORE than enough food for us for a month, plus a zillion diaper wipes, treats for Collin, the largest thing of toilet paper rolls I have seen, fruit and vegetables, and stuff my husband put away that I haven't even seen yet.Our fridge is overflowing now...seriously.... this friend is an ANGEL.... she is truly the nicest person I have ever met outside my grandma, and THAT, my friends, is saying SOMETHING.
In thinking of the spirit of Christ at this season, I know my friend may not think she is, but she TRULY embodies the spirit of Christ to me.... she is truly a friend that I know I can count on. I hope if she reads this post she knows that I don't mean to embarrass her or make her feel bad, but just to honor that I can call her my friend.
I LOVE YOU ANGEL FRIEND!
Another thing we finally did this week is get out the Johnny Jumper. It's on loan from Auntie Kari, who used it TONS with cousin Sadee, (she jumped on it NON STOP!), so I have been so anxious to get Collin in to see what he thinks....
Then some serious last minute bidders came into play, and Ryan had to studiously watch to make sure we won it....
Colgate Toothpaste 4oz normally 3.29, $1 off coupon doubled, $1.29
Colgate Toothpaste 4 oz (different kind), normally 3.29, $1.50 doubled, $.29
Glide Floss, normally 3.79, $1.00 coupon doubled, $1.79
Lady Mitchum deodarant 3.99, $.75 coupon doubled, $2.75
Scrubbing shower cleanser, on sale 2 for $7.00, $2.00 coupon doubled, 2 for $3.00
Scrubbing bubbles foam cleanser, normally $3.49, $1.00 coupon doubled, $1.49
Huggies diapers size 2, normally $10.99, $1.00 coupon, $8.99
Pledge dust spray, normally $3.50, $2.00 coupon, FREE
Glade plug in, COUPON FOR FREE
Betty Crocker Sugar cookie mix, on sale 10 for $10 (even though the price said 2 for $3, it rang up as $100), .40 cent coupon doubled, 20 cents!
So…..total cost before coupons, $41.84
After coupons $22.21….Almost 50 percent savings! I feel SO cool! Plus, I was able to get some fun things that I normally never get for VERY cheap, or even free. I wish more stores doubled coupons more often. My only regret was that the Kmart I went to didn’t have a lot of the products I wanted to use coupons on!
Banana caramel cream
I just liked this cute red outfit.
This afternoon I visited my dentist for the first time ever….for actual pain. Saturday night I developed (while on a date movie night at home with my husband and a pumpkin pie shake and even up past my bedtime of 10pm) some SERIOUS pain in my lower right side of my mouth. Yes, I know I’m a wimp for pain, but this was some serious pain, and I was on a date! I didn’t shed tears, but only because I was very brave. I took some Advil and tried to sleep.
This week, I was at an event at a movie theater that was being held in conjunction with the Twilight movie. Yes, I have read the books, but no, I’m not a HUGE fan like everyone else I know. But, that’s not what this post is about.
My job sometimes presents opportunities for me to meet people “I would never ever get in contact with” normally…and yesterday proved that to be true. There were several very interesting people like this at the event, but there were two highlights. My coworker and I had forgotten about it in the evening, but then I told him I HAD to do a post about it.
1. Iraq/Iran man. This was a gentleman that looked like he could be 20 years old, but told us he was 39. He had also recently retired from the navy. He also told us this amazing skit that he had in his head for SNL someday, that included locking people up and other weird things that I seem to have blocked from my mind at the moment, but it was disturbing. Plus, the thing I remember most about him is that he was one of those people that just keep talking and talking and don’t really realize that maybe people don’t really care/want/need to hear what you have to say. These people just like to hear themselves talk….but they aren’t funny/they are weird/creepy. It's like they throw up words to anyone who will listen and don't have tact (for lack of better word) to know when to stop....and they say WEIRD things! Anyways, I’m sure he is a very nice person, but just strange.
2. More disturbingly, gentleman number two. Gun manbag man. As my coworker and I were sitting at a table, a gentleman came in through the outside doors across the way with a lady friend, and came over to the events host we were with and asked him if he worked here. So, the events host went over and talked to him across the way, but here was basically the conversation.
“I just noticed that sign that says no weapons allowed. I have a weapon.”
As gun manbag man and lady friend were walking away, my coworker said he heard gun manbag man say he had a concealed weapons permit….etc….yeah, right I thought.
A few minutes later we saw gunmanbag man walking out the door with the manbag (that now we knew had A GUN PROBABLY! In it) and came bag in without the man bag.
Anyways, how weird you say? Weird…. I know no one probably cares about this story, but still strange. Another strange thing is manbags, but that may be for another post.
Here Collin is at 3 months old. I tried so hard to get him to smile, but alas....no...and this outfit was SO cute on him, but the colors didn't turn out so great on my camera. Happy 3 month birthday Collin!
I just like to think I'm just getting more multi-tasked as a mom, and apparently like mother like son!
1. I was able to store all of Collin's breast milk I have pumped so far and stuffed into our little freezer in our fridge and it automatically went from being able to be stored from 3-4 months to 6 months! WAHOO! All 125 plus bags went into the deep freezer and we have so much space now in our fridge freezer, it is heaven.
2. I am FINALLY able to buy "bulk" things when they go on sale that require freezer storage. I just went and bought three packs of chicken on SUPER SALE and got to put them out in the freezer. I can't wait until I can do this with hamburger!
3. I just feel like we have finally become a "true family" now that we have more than one food storage facility.
Anyways, I just wanted to share my joys of the deep freezer people. It is GREAT! Makes me want to go out and buy only freezer food, and when those ice creams go on sale for $1 at Smiths, I'm TOTALLY stocking up now!
This is a hilarious picture of him in the bouncer with all his legs.