7/31/08

Final doctor update hopefully!

So…doctor update….

Well, I wish I had better news…. My doctor measured me, I’m finally up to 38 on 40, which she thought I would never get to, so that was good, I had gained back 1 pound, which was also good (I have gained 21 pounds total).

The somewhat frustrating disappointing thing (although, I’m trying not to let it be) is the scheduling inducement thing. The hospital I really want to deliver at has a very strict policy about not inducing until at least 41 weeks, which would be on August 8th. However, my doctor is not available that weekend (due to her being on call this weekend and the weekend after the 8th), so if I want to be induced at the new hospital with my doctor being there (which I DEFINITELY want her to be there), the earliest I could be induced is Tuesday, August 12th! AHHH! That is for sure a no go hopefully, because my mom is planning on coming to help me be a new mom, and she has to start back up teaching school on Monday, August 18th, so if I waited until the 12th, my mom (and I know some of you will think I’m a wimp that I want my mom there to help me, when some of you didn’t have that option) could only stay for 2 days then have to head back.

So, then my doctor called a different hospital, and they don’t have “quite” as strict a policy so I am tentatively scheduled to be induced on Thursday, August 7th, at the different hospital. I’m sure that hospital is totally fine, but I really want to deliver at the new hospital for a lot of reasons, so in the next 7 days, I’m going to work hard (like I know how to go naturally into labor) to try and get Superbaby here on his own… so if anyone has any thoughts to share on how they did that (other than a lot of prayer), let me know. Pray that Superbaby will come on his own before August 7th! But, I'm sure things will be fine if I deliver at the other hospital as well.

4 comments:

'T' said...

Alisa, I found you on Jami's blog! It's Tiniel (Schow) Williams. How are you? From what I've read you got a little one joining you soon. That is so wonderful! Please e-mail me at:
dandc25verse12@gmail.com so I can send you an invite to our family blog. Love you girl - Tiniel -

Jacob said...

Well...sorry if this offends anyone...but my doc told me the only sure way to help induce labor (because it actually releases certain hormones called proglastins) is to have lots of SEX. Yup! That's the only thing I did to "try" to induce labor naturally. And guess what? Well...who's to say? (I didn't include this on my blog...) But...it seems to have worked!!!
;)

jeffandbrianne said...

well I have absolutely no experience in this one at all. Good luck and God bless Alisa.

Krista said...

I hope he comes before then, Alisa. Good luck with everything. I know you will be a terrific mom!