7/28/08

4 days and counting

I just find it so funny what people say to me at this stage in pregnancy. Yes, my due date is on Friday, and I’m really okay with that. However, no one else is J

At church yesterday, EVERYONE (okay, maybe only 99.9 percent of people) came up to me saying “You hanging in there”---“Are you just ready for that baby to come”----“You are doing such a great job looking pregnant”---“Aren’t you just dying to get that baby here”----among others. I know people are just so excited, but I’m really okay if he doesn’t come until my due date. Maybe I have just had a better overall pregnancy than most people, but it’s literally only been the last week or so I have been uncomfortable.

And you can feel free to keep calling me to see if the baby is coming. I finally made an update on my phone voicemail so if I don’t get to the phone in time (due to I kind of waddle around not run up/down the stairs) you can at least find out something. But I’m so touched with how many people are so excited to have Superbaby come….including Ryan and I. We went on a walk last night to see if that would help the baby come faster. I also plan on trying to eat at Taco Bell (maybe) once this week to see if that helps….but come Friday and if he isn’t here, I may be doing something more drastic J

Other than that, nothing else to report at this point! I did sit in the rocking chair in his room last night for awhile….maybe he will be excited to see his new room to come early.

5 comments:

Jacob said...

It's a good idea not to get the "due date" stuck in your head. Something like 3/4 of babies come sometime later...I really think they should say "oh, you can expect the baby the middle of July...or the first part of August..." that would make everyone be on their toes with the excitement of a couple week period rather than get so fixed on one particular day. Either way...hang in there, it is exciting to know that he will be here anytime from now until a few more days from now. VERY exciting!

AO said...

I know. I have heard back on that on the due date, so I'm really okay as long as he comes by August 30th :) But yeah.... I'm good with whenever he is ready :) thanks for the encouragement.

kari said...

Patient as always, something ONLY you inherited out of the siblings. He will probably be patient too.:)

Beth said...

Aren't people great when it comes to the end of pregnancy? Everybody is full of ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. Gotta love it. So excited to see superbaby!

jeffandbrianne said...

Kari, I feel I am a pretty patient person, but compared to Alisa, no I don't compare but overall I think men are more patient.