7/16/08

Bad pregnancy dreams

Okay, so last night I had my worst bad dream pregnancy dream ever…. I’m sure many of you have had these, but I just had to share.

First off, I (for some reason) went into labor at 9pm the night before our anniversary (today), and I called Ryan on the way to the hospital, and for some reason he was like “Well, I need to go to the store, I’m not sure I can make it, I’m sure you will be fine”….. I called him a second time “Sweetie, I told you I will get there when I get there (in a mean voice)”…the third time he hung up on me…needless to say, this happened several times and by the time I got to the hospital, for some reason, I only had an hour left of labor and was about to push, and Ryan still wasn’t there. My bishop’s wife was there and helping me (weird, I know), but then she had to leave to have her own baby, even though she isn’t due until December. I finally tried calling my sister, who said she couldn’t make it in an hour. The doctor (who was not my real doctor) asked me if anyone was going to be there and I said, “I guess my husband doesn’t want to be here anymore”….and I really didn’t want to have Superbaby on my anniversary!

Anyways, talk about a horrible dream. It was SO real, yet I knew Ryan would SO not be like that in the real world, so when I woke up I had to wake him up and he assured me that he would be there. He couldn’t control my dreams, but he would be there. I know dreams are SO unique when you are pregnant, and so unrealistic, but this one really threw me for a loop.
But hey, it’s our 3 year anniversary and I haven’t gone into labor yet.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like anxiety over labor is spilling into your dreams. It's normal. Don't worry too much! Have a great time celebrating your anniversary!

Beth said...

Happy anniversary! Pregnancy dreams are so crazy sometimes. I'm glad to hear that superbaby is growing, and I'm so anxious to hear the news that he has arrived healthy and happy!!

grapeape said...

Happy 3rd!!! What an awful dream! :) I'm not pregnant, but I have crazy-weird dreams like that. What are ya doing to celebrate??

jeffandbrianne said...

I hope your creating a dream log, you can show Collin. Well I ask about 5 people at work and they all said 2 ll's. Still up to you
Jeff