7/23/08

38.5 Week doctor visit

So… not much news to report on my 38.5 week doctor visit. I hadn’t gained any weight since last week, so still holding at I have gained 20 pounds. I was measuring 36 on almost 39, and she still had a hard time measuring my dilation since his head is really low, but still estimating at a 2. I also had some positive strep B come out in my urine sample from last week, so I have a prescription to take care of that. My doctor said I shouldn’t worry.
She also said if by my appointment next week, (Thursday, July 31st) nothing is happening they will probably schedule me to be induced at 41 weeks… they can’t schedule any sooner than that at the hospital I’m going to. I really don’t want to be induced so hopefully he will come in the next week or so and we won’t have to be induced.
In good news, at the gym this morning, three women I see every day basically (but don’t really talk to them, how pathetic am I!), they asked me when I was due and I said 9 days and counting and they both couldn’t believe it. This other woman that I see often just barely noticed I was pregnant and I told her when I was due and she said “You look so great girl!” I have to admit it was the first time I actually felt proud of being small being pregnant. Anyways, here’s hoping that Superbaby comes on his own!

5 comments:

The Robinsons said...

I tested positive with strep B all three times, it worried me a little, but I made it to the hospital in time to get antibiotics. Have a great day - enjoy these last couple days in peace!

jeffandbrianne said...

What caused the change of mind from wanting to gain wait and now happy being small?

AO said...

No changes still. I still want to try and gain weight, but something about people telling me at the gym was not as cutting....someone at work just told me I was so small, and I felt bad again. Hormones I guess :) Hopefully Superbaby will just be perfect size as well.

Jacob said...

I gained 26 lbs and people always commented about how small I was...it is strange it is the only time in your life you don't want to be told you look small...although if they had been telling me I was huge I might not have liked that either! I hope you don't have to be induced! I figure, let him stay in a put on a little more healthy weight :) Although, for your sake - don't stay in too long, little guy! I'll cross my fingers you get something like I did: 1 day past the due date. It was fine! Take advantage and rest, and do things you aren't going to be able to do for a while after you have him (take a nice swim, go out to a movie with your husband, finish reading a book you'd like to, etc.) And of course, look at all the tiny clothes and refold them and get excited! He'll be here before you know it!!!

Beth said...

LOL, I get similar shocked reactions when people ask me when I'm due and I tell them September 15th. However, mine are for the opposite reason. My belly is so huge that they can't believe I have that much time left. Definitely be excited that you're small!! :) I'm so anxious to hear the news of superbaby's arrival, and to see fun pictures!! Good luck with everything!