7/21/08

Am I Ready?

Last Saturday, Ryan and I had our second (and final) prenatal class. We are totally so prepared now. HA HA HA. The coolest thing this week was that we got to have "discussion groups" among the moms and then the dads. It was very interesting what was concerning to moms and what was concerning to dads. Many of us had very different concerns and some were the same. Overall, some of the concerns made me smile, and also made me realize, I am BY NO MEANS one of the most freaked out future first time moms....one woman asked if she was swimming, how she would know her amniotic fluid ruptured, another one wondered how much bigger than a double D bra size can you get, another one was concerned about working out after, how much pain you are actually going to be in, it was funny, of the 10-12 moms there, there really were only 4 of us that talked and expressed concerns. It kind of made me wonder if the other moms just don't talk, or already know everything. I was a talker, but then, I always have been.

We also got a tour of the hospital and got to see the rooms we would deliver in. Our teacher asked if any dads wanted to sit in the bed and stirrups...no takers. It was too funny.

Anyways, I just had a good friend of mine have her first baby, so over the weekend, I got the "labor scoop" from her... and it actually made me feel better in many ways.

Other than that, rest assured, I did take a 38 week tummy picture, just is still in the camera. I also packed my hospital bag over the weekend, so I think I'm somewhat ready "for the moment" to come :) whatever that means. I plan on watching "Alias" while I go through contractions to keep my mind off the pain....

I am just so excited to see what little Superbaby looks like. Now, if I could just get rid of this last minute little sore throat issue I have had for the last two days. 11 days and counting!

3 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Sounds like an interesting class to say the least. Nate and Kim had their baby Saturday, very cute little boy and healthy. We are praying yours will be as well. Good luck.

AO said...

Oh fun! Do you have pictures to send me of Kim's baby? that is so exciting! What did they name him?

The Robinsons said...

Let me tell you how I started labor with my first born; go to taco bell and order a bean burrito and then go shopping - walking all day. Do this after your doctor gets back of course! Good Luck!