7/15/08

37 week update---a half week late

Sorry, again, no tummy pictures, but I have been assured I FINALLY look pregnant, with only about 2 weeks to go.

So…I had my 37 week check up last week. GOOD NEWS! Superbaby is growing and so am I. Since my 35 week appointment two weeks ago, I gained 3 pounds (my doctor actually told me YOU GO GIRL!) and had gone from 32 to a 34 on my measurement…which is still small for 37, but my doctor felt very good about my progress, and so did I. YEAH! She told me hardly anyone wants to get bigger and measure bigger at this point in the pregnancy (or usually any point of the pregnancy really she laughed) and I told her, aren’t you glad you have a patient like me! I asked her about a zillion questions about the whole labor thing… so yeah, I’m nervous but so glad I’m at least getting bigger….

She also measured me “the fun way” as everyone told me, which was a very interesting experience…and she said I’m dilated to a 1 and 65 percent effaced…and the not so great news, I have a “small pubic bone area”….which could pose problems for labor…My doctor also joked that maybe the baby is staying small since he knows the area he has to fit through is a little smaller… so, I tell everyone that and they say, “oh, I bet you may have to have a c-section for that” and I really am hoping not to have to do that (although, ultimately I just want to get Superbaby here safe and healthy and happy) so now I guess I will just start praying my pubic bone gets bigger, or Superbaby can fit through there. My doctor said the last couple of weeks, your body does shift and stretch and mold differently in preparation for the baby to come, so hopefully that will happen extra with me.

Oh, and we have finally decided on a name, just not sure of the spelling. We are going to do Colin/Collin for the first name (tell me your opinion on which way would be less pronounced like colon!) and Ryan for a middle name, but until he comes, he will still be Superbaby to me!

Anyways, now I go to my doctor every week…so yeah! He is coming soon! We did go to our first pre-natal class on Saturday (I know, a bit late) and it was so fun.... all the moms were having boys minus 1 girl, and we watched a birthing video that totally made me cry. We have another one this Saturday, so hopefully Superbaby won't arrive until after that!

5 comments:

Jacob said...

Great news! Oh, it wasn't long ago I was counting down just like you! Don't worry, the end is certainly in sight! Don't be too nervous. Remember, practice relaxing because it will help you more than worrying when the time comes! My vote for spelling/pronunciation is Colin. Collin makes me think of Rollin'. ?

Since you're gearing up to give birth, I thought I'd include a link to a birth slide show. It's a natural water birth. My friend is a photographer in NYC and this is her nephew's birth. It is set to music and will make you cry, for certain!

Here's the link. It is beautiful!

http://miriamlovell.blogspot.com/search/label/birth%20slideshow

Good luck lady!

kari said...

Either spelling is fine. ANYTHING goes these days.

jeffandbrianne said...

well My vote on spelling is Collin, but your the parents, thanks for the updates, it can be anyday now CRAZY
jeff

grapeape said...

think you spell it with two "l"s...i think spelling it with one "l", someone could accidentally change the "i" to an "o"--and then it would be Colon! but, it seems like no matter what, people misspell & mispronounce!

oh, i'm just so excited for you!! :) you're getting an epidural, right?? :) wish i could be a fly on the wall for the experience. well, only if you wanted me there. :) i've never been at a live birth other than my own kids'. not that i want to see your unmentionables--HA--i just want to be in the room; i'd let you squeeze my hand off while you pushed... :) :)

Kristalyn said...

Yay...good job on gaining weight! I bet you won't have to have a C-section, but it you do, they're not that bad. I was kind of glad 'cuz I was too far along for an epidural...then they found out i had to have a C-section and so then I didn't feel a thing.

My vote is for Collin...I think that Colin looks like it could be pronounced colon. :)
Good luck!