8/6/08

Final thoughts as a non-mommy

So, today is hopefully my last day as a non-mommy. I have been wanting to just post some thoughts of things I have been thinking about the last few days, especially since little Superbaby hasn't come yet.

1. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to become a mommy. It's something I believe women are meant to be, and not everyone, at least in the timeframe they want, has that opportunity. I am so glad that a loving Father in Heaven sees fit that now is the time for me to become one.
2. Though I haven't minded being pregnant, and I have been SO lucky compared to many other women I know, I am ready to not be pregnant for awhile. I look forward to laying on my stomach again, I look forward to not having to visit the restroom every hour, I look forward to being able to start running again.
3. I am getting SO excited to see little Superbaby in person. I feel like Ryan and I already know and love him, but I just can't even imagine how it feels to see your first baby at first glance. Though I'm a bit nervous for the labor of "getting him here" part, I'm so excited to actually see what he looks like, it's hard not to focus on anything else.
4. Last of all, I'm grateful that so many people are so excited for this little one to arrive. For the last month, so many people I know have asked me about him, given wonderful gifts for him, talked to him (through my tummy), asked me how I am doing, just really showed love and support, especially our family members. I am so grateful for you all!

This will hopefully be my last post before Superbaby's official arrival, and that post may take a few days to get here, but I promise to post pictures!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Good luck, Alisa! I am so excited to see him when he gets here. I hope all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Yea for Superbaby! We love you guys.

grapeape said...

almost made me cry, readin' this post!! oh, the exquisite joy of becoming parents for the first time! can't wait to hear the news...

jeffandbrianne said...

We are so excited for you. You have spent enough time preparing to be a mother and you will be great.