8/14/23

Day 7 Fern Canyon, Part 1 going in

Here is the crazy Davidson road we drove up to get to Fern Canyon.
I had heard SO many things about this canyon. I was very excited. So many people had told me this was their favorite hike of their whole Redwoods trip, so I put it on the last day :) Here we are just heading into the trailhead area, but not the canyon yet.
Cute picture!
Running down to the canyon.
I had been told in numerous places your feet would get wet here, but my kids weren't even sure why they were wearing water shoes when they saw the bridges at the start.
But I told them, maybe it was just a precaution. Either way, I said they could walk in the water. Adeline was SO excited.
Pictures don't do this canyon justice. In a weird way (though I haven't done it yet), it was like the Narrows hike in Zion. But green all over instead of red rocks, and much less water. But the canyon was pretty narrow.
Gorgeous gorgeous greenery up all around.



Seriously?!?!?!
You were like the pictures we had seen online.
This was a cool fern dripping waterfall.


Touching it was so weird.

Silly Liam.
There are about a zillion pictures on this hike, but it was so beautiful I couldn't help it.


There was definitely more water parts as we got further in. It was fun to just have my kids splash around how they wanted.




At certain points, the water got up to mid-calf on Adeline. The girls definitely got more wet than the rest of us.



Very cool log/tree thing we had to climb over near the back.



Isn't it so pretty?





 

No comments: