8/15/21

Ely Renaissance Village and Spongebob ice cream

I had read about the Ely Renaissance Village on a travel vlog I liked. It's basically these old time houses from the early 20th century. They were lived in by different ethnic groups from all over the world that came to work in the Ely mining industry for the most part.
All my kids were fascinated by finding a typewriter.

It was so interesting for my kids to see how kitchens and bathrooms looked like more than 100 years ago,.

Holding the heavy irons.





The girls loved these fancy mirrors they found in some of the rooms. It totally reminded me of some aspects of my grandma's house.


Liam thought this trunk was the coolest thing ever.


Walking up to the train stop.
Before we left town, we stopped at a place I had read about that had yummy ice cream and lime rickeys. It was fun.
And on the drive home the kids were so excited to get SpongeBob popsicles. From the gas station.
It was a very busy 3 days for a mini vacation. But, it was a lot of fun making memories.
 

No comments: