6/30/22

Day 3 of cruise, Junaeu Alaska

If you notice this sky in the background, THIS is how I will forever remember Alaska skies. It is NEVER dark there in the summer hardly, so we never saw dark really. Every mountain up to the tree line is covered in green trees. Here we are on the helipad deck with our first pictures of Juneau.


Taking a mini walk to downtown from the ship (but didn't get far because we ran out of time to get to our excursion).
We rode a helicopter out to the Herbert Glacier and got to walk around on the glacier. I was a little nervous for the helicopter ride, but was so glad it didn't get cancelled due to weather. Later in our cruise I talked to someone that was supposed to do our same excursion but it got cancelled because clouds came too low :(

The glacier was so cool. It is BRIGHT blue but then becomes white as it gets exposed to air particles.


Pretty blue river.





Sometimes you could see a dark blue hole that went REALLY far down.






Here is the helicopter we rode in.
I took a pic of this green soup. I can't remember what it was called now, but it was YUMMY! I thought my kids would die that I ate green soup :)
Escargot.
Yummy desserts!
The orchestra was so fun to listen to. Maybe it's because Collin plays trumpet but I loved hearing the trumpet player play. He was great!
 

No comments: