11/9/18

Portland Maine self tour

 I had read about this place on Cruise Critic and how the donuts were amazing. I don't even like donuts and it was such a small place....
 And I was a little skeptical since it said it was made from Maine donuts and I'm an Idahoan, but my triple berry donut was AMAZING! So good!
 View of the harbor
 We had also heard about this place called Duck Fat, where everything is cooked in Duck Fat. It had such amazing reviews, but the line was totally out the door and 2 hour wait for LUNCH, but somehow we got in with no wait and sat at the bar. It only fit about 20 people total. But it was SUCH a funky, quirky place.

 Where we sat you could see right into the kitchen with the cooks. I liked that.
 We got the duck fries. YUM!
 More cool leaves
 Old fancy church.
 City hall in Portland.
 Our ship.
 I made Ryan walk up the hill with me so I could get a closer look at all the fancy houses more up close.
 I think this one was my favorite.

 Here we are at that park on the north end of the fancy houses.
 Cannons from old world wars.


 These trees and street and house architecture was super cool. I think that's what I will remember most about Maine. The architecture.


 Sailing out from Portland. What GORGEOUS views!




 Portland Maine Lighthouse in the background. And we had actually gotten up this morning at 530 to see it as we were pulling in in the dark. Pitch black but the lighthouse was working great. It was kind of cool to see it at all times of day.






 More of Portland Maine lighthouse
 Our super cute friends we met and kept randomly seeing on board. Linda and Jackie. They were SO fun! We finally got a picture the last night in the dining room.



Sad to see the last night of the cruise end!

No comments: