6/9/15

Book review Motivate your Child

Overall, I felt this book was a good approach to helping children do things that are challenging. One of my favorite ideas, which we implement in our house, is having a “family type gospel time” where parents discuss Bible/scripture stories with their children and the principles we can learn from them.
 I do feel this book expressed how important it is to involve God in your parenting lives and with your children when you set goals, etc. I also felt like this book helped me realize that what you think and say to your children is not as important as what you do. Forgiveness and asking help of your children to you is just as important as them asking it of you.
I also found helpful of the four areas of conscience we need to focus on in our children, do what’s right, deal with wrongs, be honest, and care about others. It has been a few weeks since I have finished this book, but I have marked several passages and areas that I feel are worth revisiting.

I do like this book involved God so much in the parenting strategies. I feel if you have God on your side, your parenting can only become better. 

No comments: