6/23/09

Thomas Nelson review-His Name is Jesus

I have read several “little kid” books by Max Lucado, and really enjoyed his parallels to real life situations along with Christian themes. I especially liked how in this book not only did he share different stories from the life of Jesus Christ, but also included beautiful photography and fonts to look at.
A couple parts that I really enjoyed are how he helped me understand once again how Jesus Christ can be a personal Savior for each of us. I especially liked his telling of when Jesus calmed the seas and the woman who touched his robe, favorite scripture stories of mine. I also liked how he asks poignant questions that made me think what would I do in this situation.
Though some of the theology of Lucado I don’t agree with, overall, I found this book moving and especially beautiful to read. I read it in a couple of days so it’s an easy book to read in a couple of hours, or to just take little “sections” or even one story at a time to think more deeply about.
Overall, this story increased my love for my Savior Jesus Christ and made me think harder on how I can have a better relationship with Him.

No comments: