1/30/08

Lowering my Expectations

This is kind of a random post, but I just wanted to see if anyone else got disappointed due to "high expectations" of something...

Recent example:

Ryan and I recently bought a piano. I can't even TELL you how pumped or how long I have dreamed of playing a piano in my own home... but have never had the space, and the money, etc. Due to some special financing from my grandma from the other side (heaven), and my mom and dad (executive financiers) and Ryan and I saving, we recently bought our first piano. (I tried out the $90,000 grand piano, but decided it was just a little out of our price range :) until we make millions). Anyways, I digress...so, I was so excited because when I bought it on Monday night, I was totally thinking I wouldn't get it delivered for awhile....alas, no! The sales guy told me he should be able to deliver it tonight, Wednesday, from 5-6pm. I was SO excited (thus the high expectations fall into play) to be able to go home and play to my heart's total content. Ryan even got the furniture all moved around so there was space to have the piano.

Sadly enough, in between my all day long meeting, I got voicemails from the piano delivery people that apparently, due to not having enough pianos to deliver, overbooking times, they couldn't deliver it after work today, Wednesday, only during the afternoon. And ironically enough, this was the one day I could NOT break away from work all day long, due to my all day meetings.... so instead of being able to deliver it on Thursday and Friday, when I could break away any time, they can't deliver it until Saturday mid-day. Now, I wish I would have just had my heart set on the original delivery time, sometime within the next couple of weeks, instead of 2 days from buying it.

And I know. There are SO many other people suffering so many problems, that the delivery of a piano is about the lamest excuse to be sad... but I am a bit sad today. Mostly I have reconfirmed, I just need to have LOW expectations of things and then I am always happily surprised.

Okay, well, someday, we may have pictures of our piano on here, but not sure when :)

2 comments:

John and Laura said...

You are allowed to feel sad for whatever makes you sad! Other people can be sad for their trials, you can be sad for yours. I'm excited to see pictures of the piano, but I won't expect them for a few weeks... ;)

Shawnee said...

I know how you feel. I bought a piano a few years ago thinking I would play it every day for hours. Sadly, I get so busy that most of the time I forget it's there. It's still a bonus when I need to pound my feelings out on it. :)