1/21/08

Readers Choice

I haven't posted anything and I have been lazy. I have nothing to post with pictures, but for anyone living in Salt Lake County, I want to put a plug in for the Salt Lake County library Readers Choice books. Some of you may know I read a lot of books (like a lot!) and so I'm always up for new books or looking for new things to read. The best thing I have come across in the last few years is my local Park Library (but I know they do it county-library wide) is Readers Choice books. This is what the brochure says about it...

"Twice a year the Salt Lake County Library staff selects a group of recently published books that we enjoyed reading and that we think you'll like reading too. These books are on display at each Salt Lake County Library. After reading any of the books from our list of current nominees, you can let us know what you think of them by voting"

So, there are about 28 books (they do different ones twice a year) and they range from biography to thriller to fantasy to documentary, to just any book you could think of. The thing I love most is most of them are less than 400 pages and true librarians have already read them and recommended them. And they are at very front of the library so no searching!

The funnest thing is voting for the books you like, love, or dislike. They post the results so you can see how your fellow readers like the same books. And last summer, I won the $15 gift card to Barnes and Noble!

So far this go around, I have only read 3 of the 28 books, but hopefully I can read them all.
http://www.slco.lib.ut.us/booklists/readers_choice.pdf
There's the link if you are interested, so even if you don't live in SLC, you can still read some interesting books you never would have thought of!

4 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Cool! I am definitely going to look at that list. It's always good to start a book that you know comes well-recommended! :)

Jill Lewis said...

Oh, I love to read too! Couldn't we have such a wonderful book club if we all lived by each other?!

Jared and Niki said...

I am excited to check out that list. I am always looking for a good book to read. Do you have a bookshelf online of books you have read on shelfari or good reads or something? Just wondering which one is the best. I put all mine on shelfari, but some friends have done good reads...

AO said...

I haven't really looked at Shelfari, but I do like goodreads. I have a list of books I have read and planning to read. I think you are my friend on there now :) And yes, I always am looking for good books to read as well!