5/29/14

Book Review Outcasts Thomas Nelson review/Booksneeze


I was intrigued by the premise of the book Outcasts. I admit science-fiction/futuristic books are not really my choice of books, but this one showed some promise. I guess in requesting it, I didn’t realize it was a series, so I hadn’t read the first one. This posed somewhat problematic for the first third of the book, because I wasn’t familiar with “the world” or the terminology used. After the first third, I had somewhat caught on to most of what had happened in previous books, but it was still challenging when they referred to previous incidents.

Overall, the book was just okay for me. Maybe since this category of genre isn’t my normal choice, that made it longer and more drawn out for me. The only character I really identified with was Shaylinn in her choices that had been taken away from her through higher powers. I enjoyed the escape near the end, but several of the story plot lines were confusing to me. This may be because it is in a series and I hadn’t read the first, and probably won’t read additional. I did find the technology and weapons and lifestyle to be quite interesting though. It took quite awhile for me to read the book, which usually means it’s a struggle for me. Can’t rate this one super high. 

No comments: