9/9/26

Labor Day Utah Museum of Natural History

So while the boys and Ryan went to TopGolf, the girls and I went to the Natural History Museum. I had been hearing about this bug exhibit for several weeks now and the day we went was the very last day it would be open. It was VERY cool. In fact, I would say it was one of the best, if not the best, traveling exhibit in all the times we have gone there, at least recently. Adeline is playing a game to see if you can be as fast at getting bugs as an orchid mantis. She didn't get that fast, but she did get up to spider level at 42 per minute! She was very fast!
Learning about bugs. 
Here we are in the SUPER huge orchid mantis exhibit. They had several different ones of these and they were really cool. 
Inside the orchid mantis with her prey. 
The Japanese bee display. 

So many cool things. 
This was another of the huge displays inside a huge grass like area. 
The pictures are hard to tell and don't do it justice, but they were really cool. 

Slide time, these got blurry :(

This was CRAZIEST thing I learned there about the jewel wasp. What they do to the prey and how they continue the species onward. NUTSO!


Trying to be a jewel wasp and do "brain surgery" on a cockroach prey. 



Life cycle of trees. 

Water area. 

Always fun to revisit how the dinosaurs died in the quarry. 


And weaving the basket. 
And the hurricane building.

Adeline spent some of her own money on this little dinosaur I let her get. She was SO excited about him! It was a fun day! SO glad we went to the bug exhibit, it was very very cool.
 

No comments: