5/1/23

Adeline gets new glasses and my birthday Saturday adventure to Rocky Mouth Falls

Adeline had to get a new prescription so these are the new glasses she picked out. I admit, I semi-miss the heart glasses, but these are very sparkly on the frames which is hard to see in the picture. She loves them and wears them and that's what matters.
My birthday fell on a Saturday this year, and when I heard it was going to be nice weather, I looked into trying to find a small hike (since we had stake conference meetings later that afternoon and evening) nearby that wasn't covered in snow. Rocky Mouth Falls to the rescue! Notice I'm wearing hte most clothing attire ha ha. Is this a surprise to anyone? I was glad we went there early because the parking lot is only for 6 cars.
Gorgeous gorgeous weather for a hike though.

Lots of stairs at the beginning. I bet this hike is VERY different pretty-wise once all the trees have leafed out. None had leaves when we went.



The little caves were fun.

Boys being boys.

Hiking up a very tall rock face.




We made it to the waterfall. It took us less than 30 minutes to get to the waterfall, and we hung out for a bit there. There was DEFINITELY some water overflow on the trail due to super snow melt, but it was manageable.
I wonder if the waterfall is always this big in the spring, or if it's extra big this year due to all the snow.
Liam posing.

The overflow of the rocks at the bottom of the waterfall.



Climbing across the rocks, even Adeline made it.



Climbing up even higher areas. It was SO SO nice to be outside and in a beautiful spot. I wouldn't call myself an INTENSE hiker, but I do love pretty nature hikes.

Overflow water on the trail.


We went about 20 minutes on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that was a little offshoot on this path.
We all wondered what these cool white things were on the bridge. They were very unique.

Fun deer we saw.
Liam also earned $100 for mowing a lawn for someone getting their house ready to sell.
And it was warm enough the girls ran through the "test" of the sprinklers in their swimsuits.

And Evelyn painted my nails for my birthday. Her choice of colors :)
 

No comments: