8/1/22

Day 3, the early morning walk with the boys and we attempt to hike Bluffs Loop of Emerald Mountain

Every vacation (usually because the boys wake up so early and to keep the girls asleep) I go on a walk outside with Collin and Liam. They think it's now a tradition so Day 3 we went on our walk.
Pretty neighborhood houses.

Our "beehive" hotel in the background. It looked like a beehive to everyone so that's what we started calling it.
Then we started hiking the Bluffs Loop trail. We started quite a bit later than I had originally planned. It was only about 2.4 miles which we have done before, but I wasn't sure we would make the trail this time.
Cute Evelyn pic.

The beehive hotel you can't see very well. It was a very pretty hike, but definitely more humid. Some people had drunk all their water within the first 15 minutes.

We made an executive decision to hike back down after about 30 minutes. Evelyn was SO upset we weren't doing the whole thing, but I think it was a good plan. Because Adeline likes to stop and see every flower, and not everyone had water, I didn't think we would make it very well for another 2 miles. I was bummed, but it was the right decision to make.
Everyone was so happy when we got back down because that meant we got to go to Old Town Hot Springs! I don't have any pictures of that unfortunately, water time is too tricky to take many pictures, but that was a highlight for all my kids.
 

No comments: