8/1/22

Day 2, The Mesa Schoolhouse Pioneer Days

A few days before we left, I randomly found out about this activity that the Pioneer Museum puts on that's called the pioneers of Steamboat Springs. It takes place only a couple times during the summer and it was going on one of the mornings we were there! It reminded me of a This is the Place, but much smaller scale. They did have candle making though, which all my kids loved.

Adeline was SO excited she made a couple candles.
Learning and seeing the wool of a sheep when it just gets off the sheep, and then how it gets made into yarn.

More candle making. They all turned out so differently.

Doing leather working. Everyone loved making their own necklace.





Pulling the old school bell. It was fun to hear it ring.


Gathering the eggs was Adeline's favorite activity.



I think Collin and Liam liked making butter the best. Then you got to sample it on a saltine. YUM! We decided we need to do this at home.

Liam trying the butter.


More pioneer chores.
Back to the candle making.



Carrying your books with a belt.


Doing Jacob's ladder toy. I could NEVER figure out how to do this.





Adeline in her school desk.
I taught Liam how to do jacks. It made me think how much I played with my grandma when I was his age. It was so fun! He got pretty good at it fairly fast.


Adeline "teaching" Ryan at school.




Ironing her washing.

The best part was this was all free! And I was complimented several times how long my kids stayed and were engaged in the activities from several volunteers. And one volunteer told me how great big brothers Collin and Liam were. It was a fun morning!
 

No comments: