6/25/21

Crab legs, Fathers Day, and Little Mermaid and Owl camp

Collin has been wanting to cook and try crab legs forever. I told him as long as they were on clearance we could try some. Ironically on YES day there were some. But they decided they didn't want to have crab legs for dinner just in case, so we had hamburgers.
We saved crab legs as part of dinner for Fathers Day. Getting the crab legs out.
Manipulating the pincers.

Stabbing away.
Fancy downstairs restaurant for Fathers Day. We decided Ryan wouldn't want the hot weather outside.
New crab name!

Doing therapy with Evelyn

A couple summers ago, I took Evelyn to the Little Mermaid production in Cottonwood Heights. She did pretty good, but then I saw it was in the Murray Arts in the Park. She earned the opportunity to go with me on a date. She was SO excited.

She was especially excited for the treats. They have remodeled this whole theatre since I have been (YEARS ago) and it was really amazing. Gorgeous setting. The show was great. Evelyn did wonderful for the first act. Second act she got a little antsy and tired, but she kept asking me when we can go back. I think she loved an outdoor show.
For the last two years, the OWL camp the library does has had to be virtual. I took Collin to pick up his packet, and they really had the Viridian Center decked out fancy. I really felt like I was in Hogwarts.

This was Snape. He was so funny! Collin felt a little weird at how everything was so Harry Potter, but since we have picked up his packet, he has done a ton of the experiments online. So, it was a good thing!
 

No comments: