10/25/19

Liam's second cross country meet

 Liam's cross country meet was this past Monday. Maybe a blessing in disguise, Ryan stayed home from work sick, so I got to bring Liam just me. So I knew I would be able to see the race MUCH better.
 Getting organized for warmups.


 Stretching and drills for warm-ups.



 Getting to the starting line. This meet the starting line didn't seem quite as crazy as the last time, which was nice. Maybe it was because I was the only person there ha ha.


 Last minute help from coaches.


 Liam was in the lead at the top of the hill.

 Coming down the chute he was still in the top runners.



 Almost done.



 The final push after the final hill.

 He ended up with 5th place again (that yellow shirt guy overtook him the last 100 meters maybe), but he improved his time to 8.34.2, which was around 40 seconds faster. GO LIAM!
 It was definitely more chilly this time. I had on about 10 layers.
 Getting the 5th place ribbon.


No comments: