10/18/19

Liam's first cross country race

 Liam's first cross country meet was at a park in Bluffdale. Here he is all with his number and ready to go.
 Since we got there a bit early I let the girls go play on the playground.

 Warming up with his team.

 Getting ready for the start.

 The first start Liam was in great position and was clear up the hill in second place before they had to call a restart.

 The second time he was in a trickier position  and had to overcome about 50 people. There were 184 kids in Liam's race. WAY more than I thought there would be.

Coming home the last stretch. I am a loud cheerer. My goal was to be the loudest and I think I was!

 Liam said that was the LONGEST race of his life.

 But he ran his 2K in 9.16 and got 5th place! We were all so proud of him for his very first race! He rocked it!


 The winners from Liam's team.
 Ryan missed the race. But he got there right after the awards.


Yeah Liam! It was so fun to watch you race!

No comments: