11/22/09

Thomas Nelson review-Obstacles Welcome

I enjoyed this book. I was very impressed with how the author had come from such an interesting background, but had not let his “obstacles” stop him on the pathway to success.
While reading this book, I automatically thought about my boss ironically, and any of the leaders in my life and what it takes to be a great leader. I especially enjoyed the chapter of on spotting opportunities. I feel like each of us can spot obstacles and turn them into opportunities with a little hard work and new attitude.

A few other things I really enjoyed about the book were was how the author said that “if you want to become a leader, the worst path to try is the quick one”. The author explained how the years of experience and our loyalty can be lost in an instance with short cuts. I also liked how he quoted Bernard Shaw in saying “Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream of things that never were and ask why not?”

This book made me think of different experiences or situations in life where I am a leader, or even a follower and how each of us can prevent obstacles from our path to success. Good book.

No comments: