6/17/08

Pressure

So, I'm slacking again on posts, but I just have to make one quick comment. Last Thursday, I can only describe what I felt as "lower innard pressure".... since that time, several people have laughed at me and said, "Duh, Alisa, that's what happens when you are 33 weeks pregnant!"... and several people said they had felt this pressure weeks before I did for the first time (last week) But apparently, I didn't know this. I tried to explain to my husband...and I just could only say lower innard pressure, so now we pray for me innards :)

Apparently, Superbaby must have changed positions, and a few times I have felt quite a few strong kicks right in the stomach that have taken my breath away...and made me smile at the same time. He must be getting "geared up" (as my doctor told me) to come into the world in about a month and a half I guess.

Anyways, I'm just wondering those of you who are already parents, and especially the mommies, did you have the "lower innard pressure" that made you walk like a grandma?

2 comments:

Jacob said...

Yep. As the baby gets in position to be born that pressure increases in the last few weeks as well. The pressure, combined with the hormone Relaxin - which basically makes your joints more "stretchy" or gumby-like so they can move during the birth - are the two main culprits for the pregnancy "waddle". Enjoy! (By the way, the waddling doesn't immediately go away after birth! It's been 4 days now and I think it'll probably be that many more before my waddle goes away!) Good part is, after delivery you don't care as much about waddling - because at least you have your baby in your arms while recovering (and no more inner pressure)!

Jill Lewis said...

Oh, Hang in there! The last weeks can be uncomfortable. Just remember how much closer you are to delivery day! I'm getting so excited for you!!