3/22/08

Stroller excitement


Ryan and I went and got Superbaby's stroller and car seat today. WAHOO! I know...we are still 19 weeks away from needing it, but I just so badly have been researching and trying to find something that is easy to manuever (for me who can't do that easily) and also the car seat weighs enough for me to carry okay (without the baby even in it, I am SO going to have to build bigger arm muscles!) which those two things are not easy to find. We looked for awhile at Babies R Us and finally got a Graco travel system (not at Babies R Us) Winnie the Pooh version (hoping that it will last us through all our kids and can be gender neutral if needed for the future).

I do have to say, buying our first of the many things Superbaby needs (and we have a LONG ways to go) was SO exciting! We also got our first cute little stuffed animal my two nieces Sadee and Ava gave Superbaby, a polar bear built from Build-A-Bear. It is SO cute! YEAH FOR BABIES!

7 comments:

jeffandbrianne said...

Loved your thinking in the future, how many kids will use this scroller. is any of my siblings going to beat 6 kids??????????
jeff

AO said...

I'm hoping all of our kids will use this stroller, and number of kids is undetermined at this point :) but hopefully at least Superbaby :)

grapeape said...

Hooray for you & Ryan!!! Makes it more real, doesn't it? :) We did Winnie the Pooh crib bedding, etc. (but not stroller or car seat) for Brandon and some for Ethan. Better start doing arm curls with the empty car seat and then gradually add some weight so you'll be prepared! :) I permanently hurt my wrist carrying Brandon in the car seat carrier...

AO said...

Ouch. I do lift hand weights at the gym a couple times a week, but maybe I need to increase the amount up to 50 pounds each :) HA HA

Jacob said...

OR you can leave the carseat in the car and have two hands free by using a sling/baby carrier (I love and recommend hotslings, peanutshell, and ERGO). And I'm with ya on the planning ahead - we only have an umbrella stroller (super light weight and easy to store) and are spending the bigger bucks on a double jogging stroller - as that will be my main form of exercise! (Did I mention we are minimalists?)

It's so fun to see you having so much FUN shopping for superbaby!

AO said...

I thought about getting a double jogging stroller, but they don't really fit in our SMALL cars :) But I LOVE umbrella strollers.

Kristalyn said...

Congratulations on your big purchase! We didn't get our travel system until the week before Mason was born. I've always been a procrastinator. I would recommend holding your baby carrier kind of in the crook of your elbow. You can put your arm in the position like you're flexing your biceps and the carrier fits there really well and is a lot easier. My sister told me about holding it like that and I never really got tired, even when Mason got bigger. I hope that description makes sense. :)