10/25/07

New front door loveliness


We have a MUCH better new front door now, complete with window and a deadbolt. Since our other door was NOT so good, this is a wonderful excitement for us. I'll have Ryan tell the story of how we got it.
Ryan says, "Yeah, it took a lot of work. I had to go cut down the mightiest tree in all the forest (with a herring!) and fashion it using primitive tools to make it look just right. Than I went through the desert on a horse with no name and found the purest sand to melt into the beautiful glass for the window. I than traveled in my time machine back to the days of Middle Earth and traveled to the mines of Moria where I obtained some mithril which the dwarves helped me to fashion into the door handle. Than, to top it all off, Alisa’s dad and I had to install it. It was rough but nothing is too good for my Alisa."
I'm SO glad I have such a wonderful husband!

2 comments:

John and Laura said...

I wouldn't set foot in the caves of Moria if my life depended on it. Too scary for me. Glad he made it out of their without being eaten...

AO said...

I know. I'm going to forward the story of the doorbell, if he ever gets that story written, since we had to put in a new doorbell as well :) But, yes, that's why I have a brave husband, that can do scary things for me! Sounds like you have one of those great husbands as well :) Hope you are feeling better!