3/20/13

Thomas Nelson review-The Great House of God


I really, really enjoyed this book. Comparing our relationship with God to a house that He has was a very concrete visual for me. I have always enjoyed Max Lucado books because in many ways he reminds me of C.S. Lewis. I appreciated many of his examples of how our Father loves us no matter what in His living room. The kitchen is a place where we can ask God to provide for us “just for today”. One of my favorite examples is how his daughter gave a pretzel to someone that had done something annoying to her dad, the author.
Overall, this book is one I would read over again. The concepts are clear and concise. I don’t agree with every single analogy that Lucado uses; that being said, I do think he makes marvelous comparisons in what we use every day (our house) and how we can use those ideas to improve our relationship with God.  There was a “pondering” guide in the back that I also found helpful to make me think about my own relationship and how it can improve. My favorite chapter was the one about the furnace and how God is there with us in the fires if we allow him to be.
In summary, beautiful book. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey this is a great review on that book. I have seen this on Amazon but I was hesitant to buy it. So this review made me decide to check it out after all, thanks for sharing. In case you plan to buy used textbooks then just visit our site.

Unknown said...

Hey this is a great review on that book. I have seen this on Amazon but I was hesitant to buy it. So this review made me decide to check it out after all, thanks for sharing. In case you plan to buy used textbooks then just visit our site.