4/25/08

Superbaby updates

Okay, I know tons of you want to see pictures of my tummy...alas, I don't really have one....still. I know it seems silly, but I so badly want to look pregnant I have started wearing maternity shirts anyways...even though I SO don't even need them. Finally at work yesterday, one woman told me I have finally started showing. HOORAY! I know so many people have told me, "Oh, you are so lucky you aren't showing yet" and I say....whatever, I want to look pregnant! It's taken me a long time to get there!

I have been able to feel Superbaby move so much more lately, FINALLY I recognize baby movement (yes, I'm slow), so it has been so fun to have Ryan and I put our hands on my little tummy that is not even really a little tummy yet and feel him. Although, at my last doctor's appointment, she tried to teach me about pre-term labor, and I got a little concerned, since I barely have even started recognizing the baby moving.... but she said no worries. I have only gained 7 pounds, which apparently is lower than normal, but she said I'm fine.

And since I don't really have the ability to post pictures at this time, I promise the next post will have a tummy picture on it, as well as all of our spring flowers. I planted a bunch of tulips and crocuses last year and they are all coming out. YEAH!

Other than that, not much else is going on.

5 comments:

Jacob said...

It's okay. Just yesterday when I was picking up my nanny kids from school a woman came up to me quietly and said "are you pregnant?" and I said "yes!" She was shocked I only have 6 weeks to go. Likewise, a woman at the pool said "when are you due?" She thought maybe November - oh my goodness, if I had 6 months left I think I'd go nuts! Sometimes some of us it just takes longer to get round. But it's okay - you will for sure - I'm 33 weeks now, and it feels like Sawyer is busting through my rib cage! Anyway - I'm excited to see a post of your little belly and watch it grow! Today is my last day of work - yeah!!

Jacob said...

ps- even now that I do have a belly, the 2 piece swim suit does come up when I swim. But it sure feels good to be in the water!

John and Laura said...

I want to see pictures! And 7 pounds! That's incredible. I gain 7 pounds before my 12 week appt!

You'll get bigger, sooner with future pregnancies. At 7 weeks, with this pregnancy someone asked if I was prego. Hello! You don't ask unless it's absolutely obvious. But that's just me.

Beth said...

I totally know what you mean about wanting to look pregnant - especially with your first one. I do have to say though - only 7 pounds so far is amazing, and you will be LOVING that fact after the baby arrives. I just hit 20 weeks, and I swear I'm looking pregnant enough for both of us. When the belly comes, I'm excited to see how cute you look (I already know you're cute without the round baby belly!) I hope all continues to go well and that your baby belly wish comes true soon. :)

Jill Lewis said...

Oh, exciting times! I'm so excited for you. I love feeling baby movements too. I agree with Beth-you will be grateful after the baby is born that you were lucky enough to not have to gain too much weight!!