12/17/07

Food poisoning

WARNING...may be TMI (too much information)

I believe this weekend I got my first taste of what I think was food poisoning. I am DEFINITELY not anxious to get it anytime again soon. Let's just say at about 1258am on Saturday night/Sunday morning, I rushed to the bathroom with pains to Ryan "my stomach hurts" and collapsed on the bathroom floor. Poor Ryan came running to the bathroom and asked if I was okay and was very concerned. I find it ironic now that at the time I was coherent enough to tell him I didn't want him to see me like this. Bless his poor soul, he shut the door, and went back to bed and kept asking me if I was okay from the bedroom.

I eventually was able to leave the bathroom and attempt to come and sleep. I didn't go to church, nor anything else, because I could literally, only stand or sit up for about 5 minutes at a time. But, I decided having food poisoning isn't worth it. Even though I bet I have lost a few pounds from not really eating the last couple of days, and also removing a lot of food from my body, I was SO bored out of my mind just sitting around. I couldn't even have the energy to read so poor Ryan read to my basically the entire story of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, some articles from General Conference, and I watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. He had to make his own Sunday dinner, and take care of me, and I'm not a very good sick patient.

Anyways, I'm feeling better today, but let's just say most foods are NOT even calling my name. Anyone else have stories have food poisoning they want to share?

6 comments:

grapeape said...

You back to work today?? Ugh! I could give you icky details 'bout how sick I was and how miserable I felt for way too long when I got that stupid parasite from the pool, but I don't know if you want to hear it. :) What did you eat that you think gave you food poisoning? Barfing is the worst!! Hope you feel much better really soon... April

AO said...

I have no idea what got me sick but today I'm scared to eat anything. Thanks for your wishing well thoughts!

John and Laura said...

You poor dear!! I hope you feel better soon. Christmas is NO TIME to be sick!

La

Kristalyn said...

What a sweet husband Ryan is to read to you. It sounds like your Sunday was pretty rough...hopefully it's behind you now. :(

Jill Lewis said...

Alisa! I found your blog and I love it!
I'm so sorry you've had food poisoning. In my opinion, that is the worst-especially when it comes on so fast in the middle of the night! I hope you're feeling better. I know it always takes a few days to feel completely better, and I hope you're on the upswing. You do have a great husband!
Jill Lewis

Linsi said...

i hate throwing up--i always make dave leave too. glad you are better, though food just doesn't look quite as good.
Linsi