8/29/07

The Garden Bounty

These are a few pictures from our first garden. We planted four different tomato plants, but they have now become the "tomato jungle". Every day I go out and pick at least 4 big tomatoes and eat about 8 cherry tomatoes for a snack. It is HEAVEN!

Our corn is going gangbusters FINALLY. We have eaten a few ears, and YUM!

We have officially found 6 growing pumkins. This one is starting to turn orange. We plan on providing pumpkins to a lot of kids :)









This is from our second apple tree. The first apple tree is transparent apples, for canning. These apples are starting to turn red and hopefully will be YUMMY eating apples!
I made a fresh batch of salsa with most of the things coming from our garden. In case you are interested in a sweeter salsa, this salsa is HEAVEN. I got the recipe from my sister, and honestly, it is AWESOME! However, you probably always want to double the batch because it goes SO fast and it is SO yummy!
Kari's salsa
1/2 red pepper
1/2 red onion
1/2 green pepper (I used 2 small green peppers from the garden)
2 cloves pressed garlic
1/2 c. lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
3 slices of pineapple, chopped
1/4 c. pineapple juice
6 roma tomatoes ( I used garden tomatoes and probably put an extra one in)
small bunch fresh cilantro, I used a little less, like maybe 3-4 TB chopped

No comments: