3/21/23

Our March home project doing kitchen backsplash and electrical stuff

These pictures are totally out of order, but when we remodeled our kitchen years ago, the backsplash never got done. So over the last several weeks my dad and I (mostly my dad) spent a lot of time picking out tile, analyzing, etc, making a zillion trips to the tile store, you get the picture.
This was partially halfway done putting in the backsplash.
I also had to clean out the mood room temorarily (to our living room ha ha) so they could install outlets on the oustide of our mood room that matched the inside.
This was after I scrubbed my stove until she shone :)
Ok, finally a "before" picture". We have just had this ellow wall since we remodeled. It's been fine. And proof every few years all my countertops get cleared off.
Reorganizing our mood room shelves.

Semi better organization when putting the stuff back.

After the cleaning picture ha ha.



Stove moving proved we need to clean under our stove more often. Gross!
We also had electricians put a bathroom fan in! That has been on the home project list for a long, long time.

Funky new light switch.

Almost done with the sink area.
Part 1 of scrubbing the oven and stove.
Ready to dry overnight.
Before picture again.
Looking nice and pretty!
A clean under the stove!


Now a clean stove ready to go with the super clean backsplash counters :)


Mudding first.

Starting to put the tile on.
Part one of the tile done before grouting.
The girls were sad they couldn't help much with this project and basically couldn't come in the kitchen or living room for a week. But they were VERY excited to pull out the little spacers after the tile dried.

Prep of getting ready for tile grout. It looked so good!
I was in charge of cleaning up the grout after my dad had gone through.


Tile and grout almost done! It looks so so so nice! It was quite a project, but I actually did quite a bit to help with this one and even installed some tile and grout myself. These house projects are always a little weird in that for a week I feel like I "completely" leave my normal stay at home mom life behind. My kids definitely noticed this time. It was like bare survival for a week.


And my dad put a new faucet in that doesn't twist! That will be WONDERFUL! And look how GOOD behind our faucet looks. Yeah!
 

No comments: