10/10/22

Saturday adventure hiking and seeing Timpanogos Cave National Monument

I have been wanting to do this for a few years now, but never got on top of it until now. And a few weeks ago I looked into getting tickets and found they were all sold out for the season! Sometimes they release a few tickets at 7 am the same morning, so I hoped this past Saturday morning if I got right online at 7 they would have some. They did! Not everyone had a super good attitude to start with (sounds about right for our Saturday adventures), but we headed out. It was a little chilly at the start. But I reminded everyone at least I'm not making you hike in the heat today!
Pretty fall leaves.


Proof we were all there. Not quite a ton of color on the mountain yet, but within a week I bet all those leaves will have turned. It's been SUCH a warm early fall so far, I am loving it!


Longest and highest hike we have done so far.
Cool tunnel.



Almost to the top!


We made it into the caves! We have done some cave tours the last couple of years, but this one was very cool. Not just huge rooms but little caverns everywhere.


Very cool formations.
This was Adeline's favorite part.

Crazy to think how people discovered caves.
On the way down, Liam got on this high rock and made me nervous.
Everyone had eaten basically all my snacks so I caved and we went to Costa Vida for lunch on the way home for a very filling and late lunch.
Even Adeline who was SO sad she didn't get to choose Arctic Circle liked her nachos. Thank goodness for guac! It was a great "bigger" Saturday adventure. I'm going to miss our more outdoorsy adventures as the weather gets colder so I'm enjoying them while I can!
 

No comments: