9/26/07

Random thoughts

For those asking, no we still have no camera :( It is really quite tragic. And yes, we are going to probably have to buy another one, but we had some other bills come up this month, so not yet. Hopefully soon you will see more pictures. I wanted to post pictures of our perfect little orange pumpkins and WONDERFULLY crunchy red apples from our garden, but alas.
Here is one picture my sister sent me of Sadee and Ava doing yoga with her. It made me smile. Ava especially, since she wanted a "mat" like her mom, she had to do it on a towel. They only lasted 5 minutes doing it, but I thought they looked great!

And yesterday, I felt quite successful in the cooking department. For many, many moons my Grandma Tippets made THEE BEST string beanies from her garden. Seriously, I have never eaten any that even compare to hers. So, ever since she passed away, and I have had her pressure cooker, I have wanted to try and make them....but alas, I have never, until yesterday. Actually, yesterday was my first time. I had no real idea what I was doing, since it's been so long since she has made them, and she never had a recipe and she died before I was able to officially write down exactly what she did, so I had to improvise. And, though they took a bit longer than expected, and since we still haven't found our camera, I can't take pictures of them to show you, it MADE MY NIGHT! They tasted 95 percent like Grandma's beans...and I'd like to think my grandma was smiling down on me :)

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

What a sad story... I would go crazy without a camera. :( Your nieces have the most gorgeous hair! I love it! And good job making string beanies. What are they anyway???