Out of order pic at looking at the "symphony" part. When the water crashed against the rocks back in this little alcove, it made a HUGE loud sound that was very cool to listen to. I had heard about Thor's Well and that it is just along side Hwy 101 on your way south. I didn't know if it would really live up to it's name and we were supposed to go at high tide, but then it ended up being low tide due to the whale watching getting moved, so I wasn't even sure there would be anything. I was SO glad (tender mercy) we ended up going at low tide, because all those rocks you see us standing on would be basically almost covered with water at high tide and there is NO way I would have let my family walk out there.
It's just this huge opening that you can walk up to and when the waves come up (and this was at LOW TIDE!) it makes a huge splash. It was very cool.
More cool because you could get so close :)
Liam and the girls walked over to the far side, which made me too nervous so I didn't walk over there.
But proof I was there! Look at that cool bridge we got to cross!Everyone looking at Thor's Well.
For a random little opening, it was definitely worth the stop. Walking back over to the thunder part area which is just to the south of the actual Thor's Well.
9/1/26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment